Thursday, March 20, 2014

Results of Yesterday's Play

Here are the results of yesterday's play. I made up a few flying geese from the foundation pattern I created in EQ7. It went fairly fast. Paper piecing zips along once you find your rhythm. I had a few blips along the way. Several times I cut the main piece off in an attempt to trim my seam allowance. Silly me, I know better than that!

So I just quickly whipped up a little baby doll quilt for my eldest grandchild. I like the scrappy look. It used up some leftover binding from Conrad's quilt (Miss Gg's late great-grandfather), so that gave it meaning. The scrappy fabric came from a local store The Quilting Loft.** I have a few of their scrap square packs on hand. I used leftover batting, as well as a basic premium muslin for the base fabric.That makes it good and crinkly.
Tip: Baby doll quilts make awesome practice runs for larger quilts. Great way to auditon fabrics or brush up on technique.
No curve. I'm happy with the results. Next experiment will be trying the rulers after they come in.

** Why do someone else's scraps look better than ours? (sigh) One of quilting life's mysteries... LOL!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Cute! Doll quilts are a perfect size for experimentation. Good to know that GG's dolls will now sleep warm! :-)

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Hi there! What a darling little baby doll quilt! I love it!

Denise :) said...

I use the NICU comfy quilts as practice for FMQ!! Your little doll quilt is just darling, Jean! :)